Frequently Asked Questions
Can't find what you're looking for? Email us your question.
Questions about the Team Feed Corporate program
Q: What is Team Feed Corporate?
A: Team Feed Corporate is a platform designed to allow supporters to create their own custom fundraising page as an individual or as part of a team in order to raise funds on behalf of Feeding America. If you would like to start your own fundraiser, visit the Team Feed Corporate page and select 'Register' to create.
Q: Who benefits from my fundraiser?
A: All funds raised through Team Feed Corporate represent a gift to Feeding America's mission to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger. Disbursement of funds cannot be designated to specific member food banks within the Feeding America network.
Q: Who controls the content on the Team Feed Corporate fundraising pages?
A: The individual who creates the Team Feed Corporate fundraiser has the ability to post content and images on the Single and/or Team Pages. Feeding America has the right to remove any questionable or hateful content posted to a Team Feed Corporate fundraiser. Feeding America also reserves the right to contact the creator or disable any Team Feed Corporate fundraiser at any time.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
Team Feed Corporate registration
Q: How do I choose between Single Page and Team Pages?
A: Choose Single Page to create a single customizable page to track the entire fundraiser. If you do not need to track participation among different groups, this single page is all you need
Choose Team Pages if you want to track participation among different groups within your fundraiser. The company leader will create the main (master) Team Page, and the groups/departments/regions will join the team to create “Individual Group or Sub-Team Pages.” This option allows groups within your company to register, create their own pages and compete against each other, which is particularly useful in employee giving campaigns. This option creates one page per department that can collect donations. It does not allow for individual employees to set up fundraising pages within their group.
Q. How can employees create their own fundraising pages within their group and still have an overall company total?
A: This is not currently available within Team Feed Corporate. The suggested solution is to set up multiple master “Team Pages” with individual contacts. The sub-team name should include the company name and then the group name (ex: Company ABC – Group 1, Company ABC – Group 2). This will allow for easier tracking of company/master team success on the website.
Q: How do I create a Team Feed Corporate single page?
A: To create a Team Feed Corporate single page, visit the Team Feed Corporate home page and select 'Register.' After creating your account, select 'Individual' for the role. You will then be prompted to enter the fundraiser name, set a goal, upload a photo, and customize your page with your personal story. After completing, you'll have a unique url to share with your friends, family, and fans and start fundraising.
Q: How do I create a Team Feed Corporate team page?
A: To create a Team Feed Corporate team page, visit the Team Feed Corporate home page and select 'Register.' After creating your account, select 'Team Pages' for the participant type and ‘Create a Team’ for the role. You will then be prompted to enter the master team name and set a master team goal. As part of this process, you will set the goal for the first sub-team page, which will be identified as the Team Captain, and complete the registration. You will then be prompted to customize the first sub-team page as a member of that team. After completing, you'll have a unique url to share with your employees, colleagues, friends, family, and fans and start fundraising and invite others to join your team.
Q: How do I create sub-team pages for my Team Feed Corporate team page?
A: If each of your sub-team pages will be managed by a separate contact within the company, share the unique url for the (master) Team Page with each. Each contact will click on Join Our Team and follow the prompts to create their own account and customize the sub-team page. The company leader will need to coordinate with each sub-team contact to gather any needed details related to team members and fundraising
If the company leader will manage all sub-pages in addition to the (master) Team Page, the sub-team pages can be set up during the initial registration or from the dashboard:
- Initial Registration: After entering the goal and address information for the initial sub-page, click on Save & Add Another Participant before continuing to the confirmation page. Select the appropriate relationship and check the box below to say that you will manage this participant’s fundraising page. The Email Address field will be hidden. Repeat up to 10 times.
- Post Registration: From the dashboard, choose Register Another Participant from the right side bar. Select the appropriate relationship and check the box below to say that you will manage this participant’s fundraising page. The Email Address field will be hidden. Repeat up to 10 times.
- If managing multiple pages, once logged in to your dashboard, you can switch between accounts by clicking on the arrow next to your name in the header, clicking on Switch Account, and selecting the appropriate account from the list on the page.
Q: Can I co-host a Team Feed Corporate fundraiser with a Co-Captain?
A: No, there is not a way to have a co-captain for a Team Feed Corporate fundraiser. You will need to share login credentials for a single page so be sure to make your password secure and only share with a co-captain that you trust to have access to your fundraising page.
Q: Is there a fee to start a Team Feed Corporate fundraiser?
A: There is no fee required to start a Team Feed Corporate page. During the registration process, it is highly recommended that you make a gift. The gift will count towards your Team Feed Corporate fundraising goal and your donation may motivate others to give too!
Q: How do I edit or update my site content?
A: After creating your single or team page, when you visit the fundraising page and are logged in, pencil icons will appear next to each item that you can customize. Select the pencil icon to begin editing and updating your site content.
Q: I don't remember my username and password. How can I request it?
A: Your username is the email address that you used during the registration process. To request a password reset, select 'Account Login' at the top of the page, select 'Forgot Password,' and enter your email address. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
Team Feed Corporate donations
Q: How can I donate to Team Feed Corporate - I have the URL of the page I want to support
A: Follow the link to the single or team page you want to support:
- Click on the orange donate button below the page image and name
- Do not click on the red donate button in the top right corner
- If there is no orange donate button, the page is no longer accepting donations - reach out to the person who sent you the link
- Enter all required information to complete the donation
- Donation Amount
- If the donation is on behalf of a company, check the box and enter the additional information
- Payment Method: Credit Card or PayPal
- Name (if you have donated through this site previously or have set up your own page, you can login to save time)
- Donation Privacy - choose among 3 options:
- Show my name publicly (your name will show on donation feed)
- Show my name to Team Captain/Single Page owner only
- Hide my name from everyone (name will show as Anonymous on donation feed)*
- *Before choosing this option, please confirm that your company does not need your name for tracking or contest purposes
- Email Address
- Donation Amount
- Click the Donate with [Payment Method] button
- Complete the required billing information
- Click Pay [donation amount] button
Q: How can I donate to Team Feed Corporate - I don't know the URL of the page I want to support
A: From the Team Feed Corporate Homepage, click on the orange donate button between the page name and the progress meter
- Type in the name of the person or Company you want to support and click Search
- Your search criteria may return results under both the Fundraisers and Teams tabs
- If there is a Team Page, there might be multiple sub-pages associated with locations or departments to choose from or you can support at the Team level - click on the team name to view the page and click on Roster to see all available sub-pages from which to choose
- Click on the green Donate Now button next to the name of the fundraiser or team you want to support and follow the instructions starting with #2 above, OR
- Click on the name of the fundraiser/page or team you want to support to see more information on their fundraising effort and follow the instructions starting with #1 above
Q: How can one dollar help provide at least 10 meals?
A: Feeding America works directly with major manufacturers, retailers and other partners across the country to secure safe, healthy food that would otherwise go to waste. Through large-scale negotiating and nationwide donation programs, we're able to stretch your donation to make the biggest impact possible. Through our partnerships, Feeding America also works to rescue this food before it's wasted — making a difference for the people we serve and for our environment. Because of these successful partnerships, every $1 you donate to Feeding America helps secure and distribute at least 12 pounds of food — equivalent of 10 meals — through our nationwide network of food banks.
Read more information on how our network works.
Q: How can I host a traditional Food Drive by collecting food and other grocery items?
A: At this time, Feeding America food banks are discouraging traditional food drives because of issues related to COVID-19. A virtual food drive, a fundraising drive via Team Feed Corporate, is requested, as your financial donation can go much further, since every $1 helps provide 10 meals for people facing hunger.
Your local Feeding America member food bank should be contacted if you decide to hold a traditional food drive, as some food banks are not able to receive these donations at this time.
For more information about Feeding America and answers to frequently asked questions about donations, please visit the general FAQ section.