In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, food insecurity soared. In 2021, 53 million people turned to food banks for help putting food on the table. Feeding America supports more than 200 local food banks that feed millions of people through food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters. Our soccer team is raising money for Feeding America and would really appreciate your support! See below for details! THANK YOU!
- WHAT - KICKIN HUNGER: A CHARITY MARATHON: Our team created "Kickin Hunger" as a charity marathon - 26.2 miles - to raise funds for Feeding America.
- WHY: COVID-19 has led to a very large increase in the number of families struggling with basic needs, such as food. As a group of athletes, we will do what we do best: work as a team! We will run a team charity marathon to raise money for Feeding America.
- WHEN: The deadline to sponsor us (donate) is August 5th. We will run the actual marathon over a two-week span (July 16-29).
- WHO: Who is raising money: Each of the girls on our team will reach out to family and friends to ask for sponsorship. You can sponsor individual players or make a team donation. If you would like to sponsor an individual player, click on the "Roster" button above and select the player. Who will the money support: 100% of the donations will support Feeding America. Feeding America supports our local community food banks.
- HOW: Each of the Loudoun 2007 ECNL soccer players will run 26.2 miles over two weeks. Some of us may choose to run two 13.1 mile runs, while others may pace themselves with a couple miles per day. We will use an app to log our runs! We are a team of 13-15 year old girls - none of us have run a marathon before, but we are up to the challenge! We will raise money by asking friends/family to sponsor us by making a donation to Feeding America.
No donation amount is too small - we appreciate every single family. Thank you for helping our team make a difference off the field!
The Loudoun 2007 ECNL Girls Soccer Team & Coach Phil Liversedge
Get The Word Out