Frequently Asked Questions
Can't find what you're looking for? Email us your question.
Q: What is Team Feed Corporate?
A: Team Feed Corporate is a peer-to-peer program hosted by Feeding America designed to allow supporters and fundraisers the ability to create their own branded fundraising page and host an engaging fundraiser on behalf of Feeding America. If you would like to start your own fundraiser, visit the Team Feed Corporate page and select 'Register' to start.
Q: Who benefits from my fundraiser?
A: All funds raised through Team Feed Corporate represent a gift to Feeding America and supports the people they serve who are experiencing hunger across the U.S. and Puerto Rico. If looking to support food banks directly, reach out to the Feeding America Employee Engagement Team for details on getting started.
Q: Who controls the content on the Team Feed Corporate fundraising pages?
A: The individual who creates the Team Feed Corporate fundraiser has the ability to post content and images on the Single and/or Team Pages. Feeding America has the right to remove any questionable or hateful content posted to a Team Feed Corporate fundraiser. Feeding America also reserves the right to contact the creator or disable any Team Feed Corporate fundraiser at any time.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our support team for help.
Q: Are there steps on how to set up and manage my fundraising page?
A: Yes! See the “How-to” sections below for more details on how to donate, register, and manage your fundraising page(s).
Q: How can I advertise my fundraising page to raise as many dollars as possible?
A: If you are looking for ideas around sharing your Team Feed Corporate fundraising page with your network, look at the Toolkit for Feeding America approved ideas, best practices, and images that you can use to share with your network.
Q: Is there a fee to start a Team Feed Corporate fundraiser?
A: There is no required fee but during the registration process, it is highly recommended that you make a gift that counts towards your fundraising goal.
Q: How can I donate to Team Feed Corporate if I have the URL of the page I want to support?
A: Follow the link to the single or team page you want to support:
- Click on the orange donate button below the page logo and name
- Do not click on the red donate button in the top right corner
- If there is no orange donate button, the page is no longer accepting donations - reach out to the person who sent you the link
- Enter all required information to complete the donation on the form pages that pop up after clicking on the orange donate button
- Click the Donate with [Payment Method] button to enter your payment information and click Pay [donation amount] button
Q: How can I donate to Team Feed Corporate if I don't know the URL of the page I want to support?
A: From the Team Feed Corporate Homepage, click on the orange donate button between the page name and the progress meter
- Type in the name of the person or Company you want to support and click Search
- Your search criteria may return results under both the Fundraisers and Teams tabs
- If there is a Team Page, there might be multiple sub-pages associated with locations or departments to choose from or you can support at the Team level - click on the team name to view the page and click on Roster to see all available sub-pages from which to choose
- Click on the green Donate Now button next to the name of the fundraiser or team you want to support and follow the instructions starting with #2 above, OR
- Click on the name of the fundraiser/page or team you want to support to see more information on their fundraising effort and follow the instructions starting with #1 above
Q: How can I see who donated to my fundraising campaign?
A: If you are the captain or creator of a Team Feed Corporate fundraising campaign, you can log-in to your Account, click on the Donations button in the top black navigation menu, and download your donor report. If you need additional information that is not included on your dashboard, you can reach out to our support team for assistance.
Steps on how to pull a report from your dashboard are found here.
Q: Can I make a gift on behalf of my company or can my organization make a matching or additional gift to the fundraising page?
A: Yes! If an organization is planning on donating to your event, they can make an online donation and check the “make donation on behalf of my company” box at check out. They can also add the preferred name that they wish to see acknowledged on the fundraising page.
Q: How do I choose registering a Single Page versus Team Pages?
A: Choose the Single Page option if you do not need to track participation among different groups i.e. team members who may also be fundraising on behalf the organization.
Choose Team Pages if you want to track participation among different groups within your fundraiser. The company organizer will create the primary landing page for the Team Page, and the groups/departments/regions can be added or can join the team to create “Individual Group or Sub-Team Pages.” This option allows groups within your company to register, create their own pages, and compete against each other.
Q: How do I create a Team Feed Corporate single page?
A: To create a Team Feed Corporate single page, visit the Team Feed Corporate home page and select 'Register.' After creating your account, select 'Individual' for the role. You will then be prompted to enter your campaign details and will have access to a unique URL you can use to share your fundraiser with your community.
CLICK HERE for a video to these steps.
Q: How do I create a Team Feed Corporate team page?
A: To create a Team Feed Corporate team page, visit the Team Feed Corporate home page and select 'Register.' After creating your account
- Select 'Team Pages' for the participant type and ‘Create a Team’ for the role
- Enter the programmatic team name and set an overall team goal
- As part of this process, you will set the goal for the first sub-team page, which will be identified as the Team Captain
- Complete the registration
- You will then be prompted to customize the first sub-team page as a member of that team
- After completing, you'll have a unique URL to share with your employees, colleagues, friends, family, and fans and start fundraising and invite others to join your team.
Q: How do I create sub-team pages for my Team Feed Corporate team page?
A: If each of your sub-team pages will be managed by a separate contact within the company, you can share the unique URL for the primary landing page for the Team with each contact. Each contact will click on Join Our Team and follow the prompts to create their own account and customize the sub-team page.
Note: The campaign lead or team captain will need to coordinate with each sub-team contact to gather any needed details related to team members and fundraising
If the campaign lead will manage all sub-pages in addition to the organization Team Page, the sub-team pages can be set up during the initial registration or from the dashboard:
- Initial Registration: After entering the goal and address information for the initial sub-page, click on Save & Add Another Participant before continuing to the confirmation page. Select the appropriate relationship and check the box below to say that you will manage this participant’s fundraising page. The Email Address field will be hidden.
- Post Registration: From the dashboard, choose Register Another Participant from the right side bar. Select the appropriate relationship and check the box below to say that you will manage this participant’s fundraising page. The Email Address field will be hidden.
If managing multiple pages, once logged in to your dashboard, you can switch between accounts by clicking on the arrow next to your name in the header, clicking on Switch Account, and selecting the appropriate account from the list on the page.
Q: How many participants or sub-groups can I add to my team?
A: If managing all the team subpages, you can add 10 participants at a time but there is no limit as to how many participants can be added.
Q: How do I edit or update my site content?
A: After creating your single or team page, when you visit the fundraising page and are logged in, pencil icons will appear next to each item that you can customize. Select the pencil icon to begin editing and updating your site content.
Q: Are the specific image specs for the logo and banner we wish to use?
A: Yes, for your logo or personal image, the recommended specs are 150px by 150px and the banner image recommended specs are 1790px by 582px. The maximum file size for both images is 10 MB.
Q: Can I have co-captains on the Team Feed Corporate page that I created?
A: Yes! You can add co-captains to your team and they will be able to log-in and edit content and communicate with participants. Multiple co-captains can be added, just make sure the person you wish to add has been registered with your team.
Q: I started a Team Feed Corporate page but need to update the team captain to someone else. How can I do that?
A: At this time, the Team Feed Corporate team will need to support you with this request.
- First, you would need the new team captain to register under the active campaign. They can do so by clicking on the “Join Our Team” button on the fundraising page and fill out the information that follows
- Once the new account has been created, send a note requesting the update to our support team with the team page and the name of the newly registered person who should be the new team captain
The Feeding America team will then work with you to update the team captain.
Q: I created a Team Feed Corporate campaign last year. Can I use the same campaign link for this year?
A: If you wish to continue raising funds on an old campaign, you can still share the link to the campaign and the progress bar for funds raised will continue to progress. If you wish to create a campaign for the new year and have the fundraising total start at $0.00, you will need to create a new campaign under the most recent Team Feed Corporate page.
Q: I registered with Team Feed Corporate but don't remember my username and password. How can I request it?
A: Your username is the email address that you used during the registration process. To request a password reset, select 'Account Login' at the top of the page, select 'Forgot Password,' and enter your email address. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
Q: How can one dollar help provide at least 10 meals?
A: Feeding America works directly with major manufacturers, retailers, and other partners across the country to secure safe, healthy food that would otherwise go to waste. Through large-scale negotiating and nationwide donation programs, we're able to stretch your donation to make the biggest impact possible. Through our partnerships, Feeding America also works to rescue this food before it's wasted — making a difference for the people we serve and for our environment. Because of these successful partnerships, every $1 you donate to Feeding America helps secure and distribute at least 12 pounds of food — equivalent of 10 meals — through our nationwide network of 200 food banks.
Read more information on how our network works.
Q: How can I host a traditional Food Drive by collecting food and other grocery items?
A: At this time, Feeding America food banks are discouraging traditional food drives because of issues related to COVID-19. A virtual food drive, a fundraising drive via Team Feed Corporate, is recommended, as your financial donation can go much further.
Your local Feeding America member food bank should be contacted if you decide to hold a traditional food drive, as some food banks are not able to receive these donations at this time.
Q: Are there ways our members of our organization can volunteer in addition to raising funds?
A: Absolutely! With volunteers needed across the country, the majority of our network food banks welcome volunteerism on an individual and/or group level. Find the foodbank nearest you and reach out to them to see how you or your team can best support their needs.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].